Does CVS gconf have known problems?

Is the current version of gconf in CVS meant to be functioning
correctly? I have just been building recent versions of everything
(installed into a clean directories, so I know there is no extraneous
cruft interfering with things) and gconf is dumping core during the
install rule of eog. The message in /var/log/messages is telling me to
report a bug, but just filing "it dumped core" is not really helpful, so
I'll need to spend a bit of time working out what is going on on.

Before I do this, can somebody confirm that the CVS version works
happily for them? Note that this is not related to the problems with the
2.3.1 release and linc_get_tmpdir() stuff.

Malcolm

--
Always try to be modest and be proud of it!