Re: gconf schemas dtd

Yanko Kaneti <yaneti declera com> writes:
> I am a bit confused by the expected organisation of the schema and how
> it maps to the possible gconf value type
>
> I would imagine something like this presentaion of a list or pair:
> <type list_type="int">list</type>
> <type car_type="int" cdr_typ="string">pair</type>
>
> but currently what is expected of the schemas is:
> <type>list</type>
> <list_type>int</list_type>
> etc....
>
> Using element attributes seems more logical to me in this case.
> What was the reasoning behind chosing the second form?

I don't remember. ;-) It was several years ago now. Probably the first
XML file format I ever came up with (well, after the rather horrible
format used for ~/.gconf/*)

Your patch looks fine to commit, except that we haven't branched
gnome-2-0 and to commit right now we need release team approval.
I'll mail them and ask.