Re: gconf schemas dtd

On Thu, 2002-09-19 at 01:37, Yanko Kaneti wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-09-18 at 23:56, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > Yanko Kaneti <yaneti declera com> writes:
> > > How about declaring an official dtd for the schemas files? (see my
> > > proposal below)
> > >

> > I'm all for it. I _thought_ someone had done this in the past and we'd
> > put it in the manual...
>
> Its there but it doesnt match the reality and the detailed format
> description. The new one, which just slightly modifies the old, tries to
> do that.

Eek, the proposed dtd conveniently forgets about some possible gconf
schema value types and attributes. Namely list_type, car_type, cdr_type.

I am a bit confused by the expected organisation of the schema and how
it maps to the possible gconf value type

I would imagine something like this presentaion of a list or pair:
<type list_type="int">list</type>
<type car_type="int" cdr_typ="string">pair</type>

but currently what is expected of the schemas is:
<type>list</type>
<list_type>int</list_type>
etc....

Using element attributes seems more logical to me in this case.
What was the reasoning behind chosing the second form?

Sorry for coming up with more uncertainty rather than solutions:)
Yanko