Re: [Evolution-hackers] Composer failure ...

On Fri, 2002-10-18 at 10:48, Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	I'm still having repeated problems with Gconf / evolution
>	to no avail. Does anyone have any idea (short of strace
> 'world', wait for hours) that I could work out who / how that file
> gets unlinked ?

	Well - in the end I did just that; and 200Mb of strace log later I got
it to misbehave; I caught everything (including gconfd-2) that was
execve'd for evolution correctly.

	Imagine my suprise then to discover that no-one unlinked anything in
/tmp/orbit, and yet - the socket node is indeed gone, and the problem
shows it's ugly head. [ and gconfd-2 still has it bound / open etc. of
course ].

	So - can anyone suggest how that file can disappear without it being
unlinked by anything forked from evolution ? perhaps I'm missing a
'delete' syscall or something ;-)

	Really perplexed here, short of stracing every process somehow I don't
know how to catch the culprit. Is there any cunning kernel debugging
that would do something useful here ? of course - not having any way to
predict when it will happen is not helpful either.

	Regards,

		Michael.