Re: key "ownership"

Frederic Gobry <frederic gobry smartdata ch> writes:
> Hmmm, sorry if I look like I'm following my thoughts in public on a
> mailing list, but...
>
> Isn't the notion of default value in a schema redundant with the
> ability to define a read-only database at the end of a source path ?

The intent is that the default in the schema is the "factory" default
and the default in the read-only database at the end of the path is
set by the system administrator. So then an admin tool can offer the
option to revert keys to the factory defaults. Also, the schema
default is supposed to be guaranteed to exist, while the read-only
database is not.