Re: key "ownership"

> Oh, no, definitely not. GConf trusts all clients once it allows them
> to connect. (To connect they need the cryptographically-random IOR
> stored in ~/.gconfd in the user's home directory.)

This makes sense, as I don't see any reliable mean to ensure the
identity of an application (not a user).  I had the case of
applications running in a Java VM in mind, but this does not apply to
native code.

A last question (they all say that :-)): let's imagine a configuration
with two users, one privileged, the other not. The unprivileged user
can read part of the configuration of the privileged one, but cannot
modify it. As these are two users, they each run their own gconfd. How
do these two gconfd interact ? Would modifications made on the shared
part be detected by the read-only gconfd ? Or is it completely left to
the backends ?

Frédéric