Re: gconftool documentation

Le mar 09/04/2002 à 18:05, Havoc Pennington a écrit :

> Olivier Berger <olivier berger int-evry fr> writes:
> >
> > I've tried to dig how to use gconf (from a sysadmin/user perspective),
> > and all I found was
> > http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/gconf/gconftool.html and the --help
> > usage messages.
> >
> > I've understood how to set values using the -R, -g and -s options as far
> > as the individual user's configuration is concerned.
>
> You might have a look at www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ which I
> recently created. Docs are a bit sparse still, but that page should
> get you started with a general picture of what's going on.

Thx. That clarified a bit things in my mind.

Now, from what I could understand, trying to use gconftool, gcontool
--install-schema-file=mymodifiedschemafile, I think this can be used to
install new user-specific default configuration values, which will be
taken into account whenever a user resets his configuration, instead of
getting the system-wide default values.

Please can you confirm this ?

Now, about the way one can set system-wide default values for
configuration elements, is it done using gconftool ? Or by storing shema
files in specific place ?

Thanks in advance.

--
Olivier BERGER <olivier berger int-evry fr>
Ingénieur Recherche - Dept INF