Re: Gconf without Gnome

On Mon, 2002-04-01 at 16:24, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> > I also plan for the parent to handle notify callbacks from Gconf for the
> > preferences, then send messages to any child processes it has so they
> > can grab the updated preferences. I'm trying to keep the size of the
> > child processes down by not including gnome/gtk since I don't need them
> > so does this seem OK.
>
> Sure that will work fine. You could also just have the child processes
> listen to gconf directly, gconf is process-transparent after all for
> exactly this reason.

	I don't see how to get the child process to listen to gconf directly
without having a gtk event loop. The child is something like

while(1)
{
	sz = read(STDIN_FILENO, str, BUFSIZE);
	if (sz>0)
	{
		// handle new task
		write(STDOUT_FILENO, str, strlen(str)+1);
	}
	usleep(2000000);
}

so what do I add to check for notify events without using gtk?

Paul