Re: LDAP backend anyone?

Heh, I was just hoping that someone(s) on the list were experts at
LDAP at the time and would say "hey thats really nice, but you
might want to..." but I guess the mass demand is just not there
for this sort of thing yet :()

Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:

> monkeyiq <monkeyiq users sourceforge net> writes:
>
> > The solution I took was to take a DN for the root of the config
> > data, and store everything in a hierarchical filesystem-like
> > structure on the LDAP side.  As LDAP is hierarchical in nature this
> > seemed to be a decent solution.  Though my RFC at the time merited 0
> > replies of ppl wishing to talk about the layout. Since then I have
> > read more books on LDAP, so I am in a better position for the
> > "management" side of LDAP now.
>
> Don't take my silence on your RFC as disinterest, just ignorance. ;-)
> I don't know enough about LDAP.
>
> Havoc

It almost looks like some sort of tropical plant
http://witme.sourceforge.net/libferris.web/