Re: Compile failure 1.0.5

On Tue, 2001-10-16 at 00:24, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> That looks like you're using libxml2 headers instead of libxml1
> headers. You might want to be sure you have the latest version of
> each, older versions have headers in questionable places that could
> cause gconf to get confused. gconf configure should have checked for
> that, sorry. :-(

I installed 1.8.16 and 2.4.6 and the problem still occured.
Poking around I saw I had the following dirs:
/usr/local/include/gnome-xml
/usr/local/include/libxml2
/usr/local/include/libxml

The first two came from the new installations and
the last one seems to be some remnant (probably from
2.2.6 from some of the xmlversion.h in there).

In any case, moving away /usr/local/include/libxml
seems to have solved the problem nicely. Thanks
for the pointer in the right direction.

--
Paul McGarry