Re: warning-reducing patch

Darin Adler <darin bentspoon com> writes:

> Since these are warning fixes only, is it OK to just do them on
> HEAD? (This is part of my "get GNOME 2 to compile with fewer
> warnings as part of tinkering with it" pass.)
>
> I'll do them on the stable branch too if you reiterate that you want
> me to.

It's OK to do them just on HEAD I guess. The only reason to do them on
stable is that it prevents the occasional conflict when porting
patches back and forth. But it's no big deal to resolve such
conflicts.

> Although I love for loops (sorry, I won't impose them on your code),
> I would not use const GSList myself either. But the const GSList *
> comes from the interface to gconf_value_set_list. I can just use a
> cast when calling copy_value_list if you prefer. Or maybe you want
> to change the interface to gconf_value_set_list for HEAD GConf?

Yes, I must not have looked at some patch carefully enough. Please
destroy "const GSList" anywhere you find it. ;-)

I don't think it's const in the stable branch.