Re: warning-reducing patch

On Friday, July 13, 2001, at 10:01  AM, Havoc Pennington wrote:

Looks good with notes below, should go in both gconf-1-0 branch and
HEAD with the exception of changes to public headers.

Since these are warning fixes only, is it OK to just do them on HEAD? (This is part of my "get GNOME 2 to compile with fewer warnings as part of tinkering with it" pass.)

I'll do them on the stable branch too if you reiterate that you want me to.

Darin Adler <darin bentspoon com> writes:
  static GSList*
-copy_value_list(GSList* list)
+copy_value_list(const GSList* list)

I dislike both for loops (you will notice all my code is while loops)
and "const GSList" so this particular change isn't my favorite. ;-)

Although I love for loops (sorry, I won't impose them on your code), I would not use const GSList myself either. But the const GSList * comes from the interface to gconf_value_set_list. I can just use a cast when calling copy_value_list if you prefer. Or maybe you want to change the interface to gconf_value_set_list for HEAD GConf?

    -- Darin