Re: GConf and bonobo-conf

> Performance is a different issue, partly dealt with already using
> gconf_engine_all_entries(). I proposed an API to allow a list of
> arbitrary keys to be returned in one call, this can be easily
> achieved using the existing infrastructure and it works within
> GConf's data model.

Notice that Bonobo::PropertyBag contains "getValues" method which
achieves the same task.

Notice that this can be used to implement a smart client-side cache is
easily implemented by appending the "cache:" moniker handler to the
config moniker:

	config:KEY:cache:

A smart cache basically would fetch all values and register an
event-listener for the values.  If any value changes, we update our
client-side cache values, and we always return values from the in-proc
cache without any round-trips to the server, transparent to the user.

Miguel.