Re: GConf and bonobo-conf

> XML allows you to store binary data, but then it ceases to be what
> everyone expects XML to be (self-describing metadata-rich data).
> Storing an encoded IIOP value in XML using a non-standard encoding
> would not make your data available to apps that expect you to use
> XML as it was intended.

We are not talking about storing an IIOP stream into the XML.

I might have mentioned this in the past as a `quick hack' to get the
data actually stored.  In practice we did something else.

Now, right now I am feeling like we should change our
CORBA_any-to-string mapper to just dump a SOAP-compatible encoding of
the data (for instance, to reuse the same code for our SOAP engine).

Miguel.