Re: world writeable files

"Colm Smyth [RU-Ireland]" <colms ireland sun com> writes:
> I think there's a call to umask(2) passing zero in gconfd; this should be
> removed to use the umask set by the user/administrator.

Right, it was a combination of that, plus simply not setting the mode
explicitly on files created by xmlSaveFile().

I changed it to umask(022). I guess it might be better to not call
umask() at all. The 022 seems more appropriately paranoid to me; GConf
takes the permissions it sets explicitly from the mode of the parent
directory in the XML tree, so if you chmod 777 ~/.gconf the stuff
inside ~/.gconf will "inherit" that.