Re: problems with schema file

Paul Coates <Paul Coates ncl ac uk> writes:
> No value set for `/apps/nomad/support/telnet'
> instead of the default. What am I doing wrong?

It's possible you just need to restart gconfd (gconftool --shutdown)
after installing the schema file. If that isn't it, first thing to try
is to be sure you have the latest gconf, in case it's an already-fixed
bug (though I don't remember this one).

Then try poking in /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults and see if the XML
file contains the schema name for the key in question, so we can
narrow down whether the problem is reading the info or writing it.