Merging updated gconf defaults

Hi,

Playing around with gconf, I realised that my Galeon gconf information
was somewhat messed up - despite the fact that most Galeon preferences
have some kind of schema-based information attached by now, they have
not always done so.

As far as I can tell (and this is theorising) entries that _I_ have
customised (ie. have an entry for in my per-user gconf dbase) do not
correctly access the schema information that is in the system-wide gconf
directories because gconf won't overwrite my (already set) preference
keys, and the old default entries didn't have the links to the schemas.

Is there a way around this that *doesn't* consist of manually adding the
"schema=..." stuff to a file? If not, then it would presumably be
scriptable as a merging of the defaults files into a user's current
files.

I'm currently using the gconfclient stuff to access the repository if
that helps. I realise that this is probably as much a Galeon problem as
anything else, but...

Kai