Re: remote configuration sources

Thanks for the info.

Just a little background on why i ask.... i'm trying to see if gnome
currently (or could easily add) supports my biggest computing annoyance
right now; that i have to maintain my address book, bookmarks, and other
similar data both at work and at home, even though i run gnome in both
places....

GConf with a remote backend seems to be close to a solution, but as far as
i can tell it isn't really designed for the type of data i'm talking
about.  It seems like some other combination of gnome-vfs and a GConf like
thing (with caching, change notification, etc) is really needed.

Anyway, any opinions, info, etc would be appreciated!

Ken