Re: Galeon gconf port - problems we are facing

Marco Pesenti Gritti <marco it gnome org> writes:
> Patch is attacched ... I hope it's ok, but suggestions are welcome.

It looks good. Please commit both this and the other patch adding the
m4 macro. Thanks!

> A developer reported that there is the pref with the same value as the
> default. Files doesnt appear messed up.

That shouldn't make any difference...

> Well, I'm trying to get more info I can about it, but it's really
> difficult to reproduce for me, I succeeded only 1 time :(
>
> Anyway at least one of the users having this problem, is noticing two
> gconfd-1 processes when opening/closing/reopening galeon. He find that
> killing gconfd-1 after exiting galeon avoids problems ...
> Sorry if I have no more detailed infos atm, I'll try to track it better.

If you get two gconfd, it means one of them doesn't have the database
lock and so won't have any settings. I _hope_ this is fixed by my OAF
hackaround in latest version though.

If it isn't fixed, I think I'll have to just strip the OAF usage out
of gconf client-side; not that hard to do.