locking down API

Hi,

I just made the last incompatible API changes I know of that need to
go in for GNOME 1.4. If no one sees anything I missed, I'm going to
commit to not breaking the interfaces for the next couple months.

There are a couple entry points I'd still like to see added, and I'm
not promising binary compatibility yet. But existing API should not go
away or get renamed, barring very good reasons.

I'll make a tarball release probably tonight or tomorrow, and send
that out for testing along with a perl script to update apps to the
API changes I made in the last week or so. Then I'll be making tarball
releases anytime major bugs are fixed, up to the GNOME 1.4 release
which will probably be labeled GConf 1.0.

The TODO list should be up-to-date in CVS, if you see additions or
have comments let me know. As noted in the TODO, I would like to see
the batch get and is_writable() interfaces in the 1.0 release.