GNOME 1.4

Hi,

GConf has to stabilize and ship with GNOME 1.4; basically this means
the public API needs to stop changing _now_ (pretty much) and remain
unchanging for the next couple months or so, until we kick 1.4 out the
door. I just broke some stuff today, but that should be about the end
of it, unless someone sees major issues. (After that, API-affecting
work can go in a branch temporarily.) Even non-API-affecting changes
will need to freeze shortly, for stabilization and testing.

I split the TODO into TODO for 1.4 and TODO for the version in GNOME
2.0. Roughly, 1.4 is not really going to have "enterprise" support,
just the support needed to make Nautilus work.

So for "enterprise" support we have until GNOME 2.0, hopefully first
half of next year sometime.

If anyone sees stuff that _must_ make 1.4 (and it had better be stuff
we can implement ASAP), please follow up and say so as soon as
possible.