leak (was leak in gconf_engine_get_full)

on 10/25/00 5:06 PM, Havoc Pennington at hp redhat com wrote:

> Nautilus should always be calling gconf_value_free() on any returned
> GConfValue.

It is.

> However if GConfClient is allocating a value, but not
> returning it or freeing it, that's a GConf bug.

You should look at the code I mentioned get_nocopy in
wrappers/gtk/gconf-client.c sometimes returns an object that it hasn't put
in any cache. So then the caller (get) makes a copy and returns that.
There's the leak.

I said it might be a Nautilus problem because I was unable to figure out
which paths would be in the path hash table that leads to the caches.

Let me know if you want me to follow up more. I think you should take a look
first, though.

    -- Darin