Re: leak in gconf_engine_get_full

Darin Adler <darin eazel com> writes:
> OK. I figured out part of the problem.
>
> The leak is in get_nocopy in wrappers/gtk/gconf-client.c. It seems that in
> some cases there's no cache to take ownership of the value. There's nothing
> in the code that handles this case, so we end up leaking the value.
>
> Maybe this is really a Nautilus bug?

Nautilus should always be calling gconf_value_free() on any returned
GConfValue. If not, then that's the problem; GConfClient should never
return from a function a pointer to the same copy of the object found
in the GConfClient cache (though it might pass you that pointer to a
signal handler). However if GConfClient is allocating a value, but not
returning it or freeing it, that's a GConf bug.