Re: Garnome 2.22.0: GStreamer-0.10 plugin 'playbin' not found during "automatic" make install

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 07:59:42AM +0100, Michael Schmarck wrote:
> checking GStreamer 0.10 playbin plugin... no
> configure: error:
>                                 Cannot find required GStreamer-0.10 plugin 'playbin'.
>                                 It should be part of gst-plugins-base. Please install it.

I had a similar issue with not being able to detect the playbin plugin.
It turned out to be an issue with liboil and SSEx extensions that caused
segfaults when loading some of the GStreamer plugins. If you get
segfault errors with:
<path to new garnome install>/bin/gst-inspect playbin

You might be seeing the same thing. I had to hack and slash the SSE2
extensions out of liboil, so I don't have a clean patch to provide.

  John A.