Problem with gnome-keyring-daemon in 2.21.92

gnome-keyring-daemon is frying ssh:  I get a "Bad authentication reply
message type: 5".  What I don't get is why is ssh using this at all.
I'm running ssh-agent and that should be all that ssh needs.  If I kill
g-k-d things work again.  On thing I've noticed is that both

SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/tmp/keyring-xsrRCy/ssh
GNOME_KEYRING_SOCKET=/tmp/keyring-xsrRCy/socket

point to the same directory, but I don't see why that should matter.

(Also note that g-k-d doesn't seem to clean up after itself, in that the
socket file still remains).

David