Re: Compiling TRUNK (glib 2.15.1) - probs & workarounds

I've found that part of my problems where glib-2.15.1 is that it doesn't
create a link  libglib.so->libglib-2.0.so.  It seems that various apps
(including nautilus) have explicit -lglib's as well as -lglib-2.0 in
their link stages, which in my case leads to the system's libglib-1.2
being linked into several libs and apps (e.g., nautilus, libspreadsheet
and several others).  This is what is behind the crash I was
experiencing in nautilus.

The solution is to make a soft link in the garnome install tree after
glib is installed; i.e., ln -s libglib-2.0.so libglib.so in
${garnme}/lib.

David