Re: Several Problems with SVN build

On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 17:27 -0500, David Ronis wrote:
> I'm having several problems with today's svn build.
>
> 1.  The new freedesktop/PolicyKit doesn't build on my Slackware-11.0
> box.  I get the following error:
>
> polkit-context.c:38:25: error: sys/inotify.h: No such file or directory
>
> followed by a slew of declaration warnings.  I manually copied
> sys/inotify.h from a Slackware 12.0 box that can build PolicyKit.  This
> removes the error, but I get unresolved extern errors (not
> surprisingly).

inotify is a Linux kernel subsystem that provides file system event
notification. It was written by Robert Love and John McCutchan to
replace dnotify. It was included in the mainline kernel from release
2.6.13, and could be compiled into 2.6.12 and possibly earlier releases
by use of a patch. Its function is essentially an extension to
filesystems to notice changes to the filesystem, and report those
changes to applications.

> 2.  On my Slackware-12.0 box, PolicyKit builds, but hal doesn't. I get:
>
> hal-setup-keymap.c: In function 'main':
> hal-setup-keymap.c:143: warning: implicit declaration of function
> 'lookup_key'
> hal-setup-keymap.c:143: warning: nested extern declaration of
> 'lookup_key'
> hal-setup-keymap.c:143: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer
> without a cast
> hal-setup-keymap.c:145: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

The file, hal-setup-keymap-hash-name.h, which contains the errant
definition is generated by gperf. See the makefile in

    hal-0.5.10/tools

On my system the generated file has the following comment at the top:

/* C code produced by gperf version 3.0.2 */
/* Command-line: gperf -t --ignore-case -N lookup_key -H hash_input_names -p -C  */
/* Computed positions: -k'1-3,5,$' */

> 3.  On the Slack-11.0 box, gnome-system-tools doesn't build:
>
> /home/ronis/Project/notar/GNOME/garnome/desktop/gnome-system-tools/work/main.d/gnome-system-tools-2.21.1/src/users/group-settings.c:338: undefined reference to `oobs_group_set_name'

Did liboobs build and install?

--
jsacco [at] gnome [dot] org