Re: centos 5 +garnome 2.18.1

On 5/12/07, Justin Conover <justin conover gmail com> wrote:
Alright, I think I finally figured out what is going on with python.  My assumption is 64 bit distro and this was also the problem I had with FC6(guessing).

Python 2.4 works fine with it, I just had to make the following changes in gar.conf.mk

PYTHON = /usr/bin/python
PYVER = $(shell $(PYTHON) -c "import sys; print sys.version[:3]")
PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages:/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/gtk- 2.0

[justin comatose avahi]$ pwd
/data/Downloads/garnome-2.18.1/freedesktop/avahi

[justin comatose avahi]$ make install
[===== NOW BUILDING:    avahi-0.6.17    =====]
        [fetch] complete for avahi.
        [checksum] complete for avahi.
        [extract] complete for avahi.
        [patch] complete for avahi.
        [fixup] complete for avahi.
        [configure] complete for avahi.
        [build] complete for avahi.
        [install] complete for avahi.

Garnome 2.18.1 is still building, but I believe it has got passed my previous errors and started from a clean state.

The python additions to the gar.conf.mk should work on Fedora Core 6/ Centos 4/5 (x86_64).

I'll reply later tonight/tomorrow if it was successful or not.

Would have installed non-stop if freedesktop.org wasn't down :)

Had to find a few downloads here and there, but other than that, desktop installed find and doing fifth-toe and some other stuff now.