Re: gar.lib.mk still wrong

On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 02:34:25 +0100, guenther wrote:

snip...

> I had a look at your previously posted patch, and that indeed works. You
> removed that bad redirection, too. :)

Probably a first for me :) A patch that works? LOL

> However, IMHO we should default to the GARNOME built tool, if it exists,
> and fall back to the system one otherwise. If neither one exists, just
> freak out and stop the build. :)

Well, Joseph and I have debated this a bit off list. I contend there is no
need to provide build tools in Garnome, He'll tell you of my hack
experiments, or you can email me at pete at peterhyman dot com for more
color. Personally, I see no reason for pkgconfig, libtool, intltool,
autoconf, automake, etc. to be shipped with garnome. Most modern distros
have perfectly acceptable versions.

As for some of the less common libraries shipped with garnome, pcre, neon,
libdaemon, etc., there is room for debate. I have had great success
bypassing them and about 30 others in garnome as well.

Glad you were able to fix up gar.lib.mk, BTW though, the "bug" never showed
itself when users used the garnome-supplied build tools. Only when they were
bypassed.

--
Peter