Re: [ANNOUNCE] GARNOME 2.17.5 -- "Same procedure as every year, James"

The culprit is system-tool-back-ends, which is a work in progress.

What to do... There are two options:

Option #1:

   uninstall gnome-system-tools

gnome-systems-tools uses liboobs which is a wrapper for
system-tools-backends.

Presently, gnome-system-tools applications are "read-only" and do not
allow you to change anything unless you are root.  Eventually, g-s-t
will use policykit which allow an admin group to be defined.

Option #2:

* As root:
-  create a group named stb-admin
[the name is a configure option for system-tools-backends]

- add yourself to this group

- start the GARNOME system-dbus

- manually start $garnome/bin/system-tools-backends before launching the
desktop.

-Joseph

--
joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net