Suggestion Box: GARCHIVEDIR enhancement

When compiling new applications within garnome, the downloads go into the
PROGRAM/download directory. This occurs even if GARCHIVEDIR has been
previously set.

Since it's possible the user may only extract parts of Gnome into
GARCHIVEDIR, or not complete the download the entire Gnome package (due to
connection or time issues), it makes sense to me that new downloads go to
GARCHIVEDIR if set, not PROGRAM/download. Otherwise, the user is forced to
move all bz2 or gz files to GARCHIVEDIR to complete the download packages.

I think it would be an enhancement to have GARCHIVEDIR respected even if
manual downloads are done. JM2C

--
Peter