Re: Slackware 11 success

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 14:22:18 -0400, Peter wrote:

snip...

> Only problem I see so far is that Evolution cannot find it's button images
> when launched from outside of gnome. Even when local dbus is run, gconfd-2
> loaded, it cannot find it's button images. When launched inside of gnome,
> it is fine. I tried linking directories from ~/.local/share/icons, but
> have not found the solution yet.

After some googling, running $GARNOME/libexec/gnome-settings-daemon
--sm-disable allows applications to pick up the proper icons and themes.
This was covered in the evo mailing list and is quite a common problem.

So, it appears, whichever wm is used, start it with $DBUS_LAUNCH and then
make sure the gnome-settings-daemon is loaded.

--
Peter