Re: Garnome 2.16 Completely Installed!!!

El dom, 10-09-2006 a las 11:54 -0400, Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. escribi� Alejandro,

Hi Joseph,

> That's great news.  Please write up your notes on porting GARNOME-2.16.0
> to OpenSuse10.1 and post them to this list.

Ok. Thanks. I'll do it, but it isn't any kind of special thing to do.
I'm packaging all packages (excuse the redundancy) with "checkinstall",
renaming several files (gtk+ is gtk2 for SuSE; GConf is gconf2, etc.),
and that's all. But if you find this worth of it, I'll do it for all of
you. It would be a pleasure.

> As for MP3 support ... Due to licensing issues in the US, we do not
> provide the codecs for MP3 as part of GARNOME.  That being said... If
> you build and install libmad
>
>    ftp://ftp.mars.org/pub/mpeg/
>
> and then rebuilt gst-plugins-ugly, you will be able to play mp3 files.

Something about licenses I guessed, so I'll do it and tell.

Cheers,
Alejandro.