Building gnome 2.16.0 on ubuntu dapper with metacity --enable-compositor

Hi people

It has been a long time since I tried garnome the last time. Thanks to
Todd (http://www.dropline.net/) I did not have a lot of problems getting
started. But I would like to compile metacity with the compositor
enabled for the fancy wobbly windows and all that.

I am now stuck with metacity not wanting to build because my version of
libcm is outdated:

/usr/lib/libcm.so: undefined reference to `glXReleaseTexImageEXT'
/usr/lib/libcm.so: undefined reference to `glXBindTexImageEXT'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Google is not of much help, at least it wasnt two days ago when I last
tried.

So do anyone know an easy way out of this problem (aside from compiling
without the compositor enabled...)

Regards Erling (erle) Matthiesen