FC5 error with /usr/bin/ld -lGL (possibly ATi related?)

Hey folks,

First, I apologize if I'm making any newsgroup faux pax by this posting.  Please kindly correct me if I am not following the best netiquette.

I just downloaded Garnome 2.16 onto my FC5 installation, and it started without a hitched, but ultimately failed with an Error 2 message.  Unfortunately, I am at work right now, so I don't have the error message handy, but it had to do with /usr/bin/ld not finding what it was looking for.  Since the error looks GL related, I am immediately thinking that my ATi card (Radeon x1600) and its superior driver support must be a factor.

I will try and post the error text verbatim once I get home, but if anyone has any clue, I would greatly appreciate the help!  Also, if anyone knows of a better place to find a fix for this problem, by all means, please point me there.

Thanks in advance!
--
Abu Hurayrah
`A'isha, the wife of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him), reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: