Re: 2.17.2 update on stability

Stef van der Made wrote:

Today I have totally messed-up my PC and both garnome 2.16 and 2.17 were dead :-( With this I rembered to drop the .gnome****** folders. Now the system is a lot more stable when running garnome-2.17.2. So I'm going to stick to the new version after all. It's a pitty that the setup in .gnome****** has changed again as for 'normal' users it might be a show stopper for migrating to another new version.

Sadly, the Gnome developers really just don't care about "normal" users, or mixed-version environments (just _try_ and have an NFS/AFS home dir with 2 different versions of Gnome...). This is one of the many things that frustrate me about an otherwise useful set of applications and libraries.

Of course, to quote some of my OpenBSD friends: "don't like it, don't use it" ;-)

--
Carson