relocating the GARCHIVEDIR

Hello list,

I have a configuration problem with garnome 2.16.1. I have created a
user called gnome which I can dedicate to building with garnome.
However, the home partition is too small to let everything reside there.
I have a large partition mounted at /pub where I want to the built
system to end up, and I created /pub/gnome and make it owned by user
gnome in group gnome. I would like to somehow do the downloading of
archives to /pub/gnome/download, but have not been able to make that
happen.

I made the following changes to gar.conf.mk:

GARCHIVEDIR = /pub/gnome/download

main_prefix ?= /pub/gnome

SHELL = bash

I am running Debian unstable with kernel 2.6.18. While /bin/sh points to
bash, ordinary users get /bin/zsh for their shell, thus the statement
above.

Is there any way to get that /pub/gnome/download directory filled?

Thanks,
Chuck

Only 10 kinds of people: those who do binary, and those who do not.
But you can get a few downloads from http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh