libxml2 and DocBook problem

Hi all

"make paranoid-install" doesn't succeed on my system due to a problem
with DocBook XML.
I've seen that the problem arises during build of libxml2 when it executes
a script called "buildDocBookCatalog". This script tries to check the
presence of version 4.1.2 of DocBook XML.

  Question 1: Is 4.1.2 the only version supported? or 4.4 is good as well?

To check this the script searches a file named "docbookx.dtd" in various
location. First of all in the new $sharedstatedir, but for the first package
that GARNOME builds, this is still empty. Then in /usr/share and on my system
there it is.
The script then "greps" this file looking for "DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2"
whereas in my file it says only "V4.4"
Similar failures (if I comment out those lines in the script) when it looks
for entities and xsl.

I made the paranoid-install go on modifying the script and hard-coding my paths:

docbookdir=/usr/share/xml/docbook/xml-dtd-4.4
isodir=/usr/share/xml/docbook/xml-dtd-4.4/ent
xsldir=/usr/share/xml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets-1.68.1

  Question 2: Am I doing wrong?

It does not hurt, apparently. But I don't know exactly what I am going to obtain
with that DocBook stuff.

My system is a "Linux From Scratch", so it is not so strange that scripts
trying to autodetect things sometimes get confused.

TIA for any hint or comment.

--Luca