Re: gstreamer probs in 2.13.3

On 12/16/05, Adam Worrall <abworrall gmail com> wrote:
> I'm on fc3/x86_64. The build was going swimmingly until I hit
> gstreamer.

I finally sorted this out. It turns out that gstreamer does something
unholy with valgrind, which results in naughty assembler. I had a
32bit valgrind lying in /usr/lib.

This posting explains the naughty assembler:

  http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-changelog/2005-09/msg00199.html

Anyway, if you configure gstreamer with '--disable-valgrind', the
problem goes away, and mostly everything works - I am now a happy
camper in garnome 2.13.x land :)

 - Adam