Re: [FYI] build interactively

[ Please do not cross-post, unless you really have to. ]

> garnome-2.14.0 composed of 267 packages,
> and there are complicate dependencies between different libs.

Yes, apart from the official GNOME Desktop and Developer Platform,
GARNOME ships with "a host of third-party GNOME packages, Bindings and
the Mono(tm) Platform", as mentioned in the release announcements. :)

Anyway, please note: The additional packages are optional. When using
GARNOME, you are free to build or not build them.

> usually not all of them are wanted,
> in case garnome is to be built from scratch,
> here is the order to take to avoid depency problem.

Thanks for your work, I guess. Though you really do not need to care
about those deps, since resolving the deps is an important part about
GARNOME. It takes care of them for you.

> information extracted from garname Makefile's `LIBDEPS=' directive.

Exactly that's where the deps are defined.

> there seem to be recursive dependencies defined in `LIBDEPS+='
> directive, dependency introduced by these directives are not listed
> here.

No. That's not recursion. The "LIBDEPS +=" apply some deps by build
magic, gathering from your environment if a particular dep needs to be
built or is satisfied already.

> also some other libs required but not included in garnome, like
> libexif etc. you want to build them as needed.

Yup. Unfortunately we can not ship with every dependency. Those deps are
detailed in the README and should be provided by your distro.

> here is the list, the whole build process divided into 19 round, libs
> in round 2 depend on libs in round 1, round 3 depend on 2, maybe also
> depend on 1, and so on.
[ list snipped ]

Note that this includes *everything*, even matchbox, which typically is
not built.

Actually, rather than "19 rounds", this all boils down to *one* single
command when using GARNOME:

$ make install

...guenther