Re: garnome failing becaues of expat-2.0.0.tar.gz checksum error

guenther wrote:
On Wed, 2006-05-31 at 23:06 +0930, Karl Goetz wrote:
hi all
I had garnome fail building gnome 2.15.1 because of a expat checksum error.
I quickly searched and found this link on the gnome forums [1].
Searching the list archives didn't turn up a a result, incidentally.
The fix in the link is to download the package separately and overwrite
the dud one (which works) [2]. I was wondering if this is something that
could be fixed by garnome or is a sourceforge problem?

This seems to be an sf.net issue.

To sum it up: The expat fetched automatically by GARNOME from sf.net
failed the checksum test. The expat you manually downloaded from sf.net
worked. So the only difference is automatically vs. manually -- and
frankly, this even is *no* difference at all, in case you used wget to
manually fetch. ;)

I bet you where hit by sf.net. I have seen them delivering a "404 not
found" HTML document, instead of correctly failing. This is most likely
what you got.

i expect your correct, as i got this for a second file after that.

The issue is, that the mirror actually delivered the requested document,
although the content is not what has been requested. Thus the failing
checksum test.

In case you still have that first download, have a look at it. If it is
not an HTML document, I'll owe a beer to anyone greeting me with the
word GARNOME at the forthcoming GUADEC. ;-)

I clobered it, but it was only a few kb, so probably html :)
kk

...guenther

--
Karl Goetz