Aw: Re: Cannot run gnome

On 19/07/06, Surya Kiran Gullapalli <suryakiran gullapalli gmail com>
wrote:

> > Hi,
> > I've compiled gnome desktop using garnome-2.15.4. But when i try to run
> > gnome-session, it fails saying it cannot run gnome-sesion due to some
> error [...dbus-related]

Your system has probably started dbus before. But as you've build garnome anew, and dbus is part of gnome, the error emerges. Make sure that all instances of system's dbus are closed/exited, then restart garnome.

On dbus (and hal), see also

http://mandrivausers.org/index.php?showtopic=33145&hl=scoonma

HTH,

schollsky