Re: which version of garnome should I try?

Don,

I would suggest working on garnome-2.12.2.1. garnome-2.13.5 is the
*unstable* development branch that will soon be replaced by 2.14-beta1.

If you got everything to build and are experiencing runtime errors, it
may have something to do with the runtime environment you set up. Kindly
review the set up info in the README one more time.  If you still
require assistance connect to the #garnome IRC channel where someone can
help you.

-Joseph

--
joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net