Re: f-spot

Carlos,

Poke around the config.log files for both mono and f-spot. Look for
things related to sqlite.

I have both sqlite2 and sqlite3 installed on my system.  The SQLite
folks say that you can have both installed without problems

        http://www.sqlite.org/version3.html

The mono assembly, Mono.Data.SqliteClient, builds connectors for both
sqlite2 and sqlite3 if both are available.  By default, the ADO.NET
connector attempts to use sqlite2. In theory, if sqlite2 is not found
ans sqlite3 is available, the connector will fail back to using
sql3lite.

The configuration file for f-spot checks first for sqlite and then for
sqlite3. If both are present, configure will choose sqlite3 over sqlite.

To see if this is true,  I first "hid" sqlite3.pc to force f-spot to use
sqlite2.  It did so, without complaint.  Next, I "hid" sqlite.pc" to
insure that f-spot used sqlite3.  Again, f-spot did so withour
complaint.

This would lead me to believe that the problem is with the mono
connector.

A thought... Install sqlite2 and then rebuild mono.  If the problem goes
away file a bug report with mono.

-Joseph

--
joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net