Re: Aw: Re: pwlib / gnomemeeting build errors with garnome 2.13.5

Stefan,

I think we need to figure out how to get an acceptable openldap set up
on your system.

We can get away with shutting off openldap in pwlib. Gnomemeeting
appears to require openldap in order to build:
        4. Software installation
        4.1. Which libraries do I need to run it?
        You will need :
              * the standard Gnome libraries (they are now optional in
                recent GnomeMeeting versions, but we recommend using
                them to have the full-featured GnomeMeeting).

              * the OpenH323 and the PWlib libraries (See download
                section of this website).

              * the OpenLDAP library (Included in your distribution)

              * the SDL library (Included in your distribution). Having
                SDL is optional, but if you compile GnomeMeeting without
                SDL, the fullscreen feature will be unavailable.

              * the Quicknet telephony development files (Provided with
                your kernel). Having those files is optional, but if you
                compile GnomeMeeting without Quicknet support, it will
                be impossible to use Quicknet hardware during calls.

So... We are back to square one.

I see that Mandrake has several openldap packages

        http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/mandriva/2006.0/x86_64/media/main/OByName.html

I would suggest that you
(1) install *all* openldap packages
(2) try a clean build of pwlib with the orginal build args.

-Joseph
--
joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net