Re: Python & libxml2/libxslt/gamin

Kenneth,

Did you modify gar.conf.mk to explicitly use your new version of Python?

I am running YDL-4.0.1, which also comes with Python2.3.  I built and
installed 2.4.1 under /opt.  I have modified gar.conf.mk as follows

        # If you want to use a different version of python everywhere
        # change this
        # PYTHON = $(shell which python)
        PYTHON = /opt/python-2.4.1/bin/python

With this modification libxml2, libxslt, and gamin build for both
garnome-2.12.2.1 and garnome-2.13.4.

To get the applications to run with the correct python site-packages, I
export PYTHONPATH in garnome-session

        [ignore line wrap]
        PYTHONPATH=$GARNOME/lib/python2.4/site-packages:$GARNOME/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gtk-2.0

where $GARNOME is the root of the garnome install tree on my system.

-Joseph

--
joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net