Re: garnome 2.17.4 / hal-0.5.8.1 patch trick?

Hi

For me the patch that needs to be uncommented for Slackware isn't
present and can't be downloaded for hal.

Could this patch potentialy fix the issue with the addons/macbookpro
...... compile issue ? As that one is driving me mad and the fix in
bugreport on the hal bugzilla system won't fix me issue either so I
logged a comment to the bug but heard nothing back :-(

Thanks for your help,

Stef

On 12/21/06, Peter <sw98234 hotmail com> wrote:
On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 09:39:32 -0500, Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. wrote:

> That's weird.  Let me try.
>
> [using patch version 2.5.4]
>
>         % make extract
>
>         % cd work/main.d/hal-0.5.8.1
>
>         % patch -p1 < ../../../files/hal-0.5.8.1-fixppc.patch
>         patching file hald/linux/probing/probe-smbios.c
>         patching file hald/linux/osspec.c
>         patching file hald/linux/osspec.c
>         patching file hald/linux/pmu.c
>         patching file hald/linux/osspec.c
>         patching file hald/linux/osspec.c
>         patching file hald/linux/osspec.c
>
> Works fine.
>
> -Joseph

I omitted that I was using dry-run. Since hunks were not being
patched, as patch continued, it would fail worse and worse. I usually
always test patches first before applying and in this case it caused
problems. Sorry to be a bother!

--
Peter