Re: More errors...

On Sun, 2006-08-06 at 09:34 -0400, Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. wrote:
> Alejandro,
>
> The trace indicates that scrollkeeper is attempting to write into a
> system directory rather than into the garnome tree, which is a "bad
> thing". Now you see why GARNOME is never built by "root".
>
> Hmmm... Why is this happening?  First verify that
>
>    ./desktop/scrollkeeper
>
> was successfully built and installed into the GARNOME tree.  If not,
>
> * cd ./desktop/scrollkeeper
> * make clean
> * make install
>
> * cd ./desktop/gnome-panel
> * make clean
> * make install
>
> If so,  take a look at config.log in the $WORKSRC directory for
> gnome-panel. The configuration process looks for scrollkeeper-config.
> It should find the one in the GARNOME tree.  I suspect that it found the
> system version instead.

Hi, Joseph,

you were right. I noticed that and I looked for an explanation here and
there, and the only thing I can say is an unconscious mistake. All
garnome directories were correct, so I've done what you say and both
scrollkeeper and gnome-panel are compiled and installed yet.
Thank you.

But the "net::dbus" problem persists. Where can I add configure options?
My perl path is /usr/lib/perl5, and I suppose is that the reason why
garnome complains about it, and it looks in /usr/lib/perl.

Please, a little help would be nice.

Cheers,
Alejandro.