RE: I cannot compile fontconfig

Vivek,

Looks like docbook2man is having difficulties.

The error message

        cannot generate system identifier for public text "-//OASIS//DTD
        DocBook V4.1//EN"

indicates that your SGML parser could not find the relevant DTD, or some
module of the DTD. See

        http://www.faqs.org/docs/docbook/html/ch03.html

What to do????

I compared what docbook packages I have installed on an FC-4 clone with
what you have installed. I also compared the output of the docbook2man
command.  See below.

My best guess is you are missing a DTD package.

-Joseph

yours:
------
packages installed:
    docbook-dtd412-xml-1.0-16
    docbook-dtd42-xml-1.0-4
    docbook-style-dsssl-1.79-1
    docbook-style-xsl-1.68.1-1
    docbook-utils-0.6.14-3
    docbook-utils-pdf-0.6.14-3

Errant command:
----------------
docbook2man ../fc-cache/fc-cache.sgml

Using catalogs: /etc/sgml/catalog
Using stylesheet: /usr/share/sgml/docbook/utils-0.6.14/docbook-utils.dsl#print
Working  on: /build/home/rpmbuild/garnome-2.12.3/freedesktop/fontconfig/work/main.d/fontconfig-2.2.96/fc-cache/../fc-cache/fc-cache.sgml

mine:
-----
packages installed:
    docbook-dtds-1.0-26
    docbook-simple-1.0-2
    docbook-slides-3.3.1-2
    docbook-style-dsssl-1.79-1
    docbook-style-xsl-1.68.1-1
    docbook-utils-0.6.14-4
    docbook-utils-pdf-0.6.14-4

Errant command:
docbook2man ../fc-cache/fc-cache.sgml

Using catalogs: /etc/sgml/sgml-docbook-4.1-1.0-26.cat
Using stylesheet: /usr/share/sgml/docbook/utils-0.6.14/docbook-utils.dsl#print
Working on: /opt/garnome/src/sandbox/freedesktop/fontconfig/work/main.d/fontconfig-2.2.96/fc-cache/../fc-cache/fc-cache.sgml
<joss debian org>
JosselinMouette2003Josselin MouetteSep 16, 2003Done.

--
joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net