Re: issues with vte - pango_font_get_font_map

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 07:26:56AM -0700, Alan wrote:
> /home/alan/garnome/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.so: undefined reference to
> `pango_font_get_font_map'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Ok, figured this out (and replying to myself with the solution so others
can benifit.

It was due to the cc line referencing existing pango libs on my system
which were older, and didn't have that symbol defined.  To solve this I
copied the breaking (long) line of code to a text editor, and searched
for every occurance of "pango".  I changed any references to
/usr/lib/*pango* to /home/[user]/garnome/lib/*pango* (where the '*'s are
of course not literal).  I copied the text file to the console in the
right directory, ran it, and voila.  I could then go back to the main
garnome/desktop and run make paranoid-install again until the next
occurance came up (vte and gnome-terminal are the only ones so far).

> The closest I could find to a similar issue was a reference to gaim 1.5
> not building with the same error, however I couldn't see a way to make
> the fix for that work for this case.  I've fixed this so far by removing
> the vte requirments from various makefiles, however that only worked
> until I got to gnome-terminal which gave me:
>
> /home/alan/garnome/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.so: undefined reference to `pango_font_get_font_map'
> /home/alan/garnome/lib/libXft.so: undefined reference to `FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

This one is solved by making a garball from this post:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/garnome-list/2005-July/msg00137.html
and building it.

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"Backups are for people who don't pray."                 -- big Mike